Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My name is Kristina...


OK. So here's the deal. I think I'm an addict. I've always known that I could become especially attached to things, but have never qualified my self as an addict in any way. This is why -- something only qualifies as an addiction when it interferes with the relationships you have around you. I can safely say that I have never been addicted to anything, only reallly, really attached --- that is until now. My name is Kristina and I am a Twilightaholic. I blame it all on Susannah really, and I was not the first victim. Troye took her first hit a few weeks before me. I saw her focused on nothing else, and I should have known better, but I fell to the pressure from my peers. Maybe I should have just followed Nancy Reagan's advice and just said "No," but I didn't and now I have nothing to show for it but a messy house, undone laundry, and neglected children. So now I get to my point. My attachment is now qualified as an addiction because my precious baby staged an intervention. He walked up to me as I was deeply engrossed into the final pages of Breaking Dawn, looked at me, slammed my book shut, and shouted "No, No, No" Any person simply "attached" at that point would have put the book down and loved on their child. But not so with the addict. The addict in this case, continued to read and loved every minute. Alas, now I am cold turkey. I have read all the books in the series and I suppose I could read them over again, but it's just not the same... There is however, the movie!!! It's going to be a fun night at the theater!!!

2 comments:

Troye said...

Girl! You funny!!!!!! Welcome to the group. My name is Troye, and I'm a Twilightaholic.

And, why haven't you been blogging all this time. You've got some great material!!!

Susannah's going to have to step it up a notch- and maybe actually update her blog. :)

Kealti said...

(chorus: Hi, Kristina ...)

I have yet to give in. I have too much knitting, and housework before that! But I do intend to read them. I'm not worried, though. I can stop any time.

... right?