Thursday, March 24, 2011

Uh Oh

My life may never be the same.   In fact, I'm sure of it.  I already admit I'm not the best house keeper, and those of you who know me well, know this, and also know that I know this.  I also know that I'm not the worst housekeeper either - that is until I took the dive.

I've been sewing casually for a few years.  Then my sweet baby girl came along and my sewing got out of control.  The word got out, and I started sewing for others.  At first I to took Chickfila and fabric as payment, and I still will for that matter.  But, as my orders increased and people kept asking for prices and business cards and websites, I decided to dive in. 

I took some advice and pointers from my friend Amie over at Laffty Crafty, and I started an Etsy site.  and whattayaknow....  people actually bought stuff.  So then another friend implored me to let her take pictures of my stuff.  I begged cute little girls to come and bring their mommies so Abby could do her thing and make my stuff look super precious.  And she did and it is precious and I think I've done a bad thing... for my housekeeping that is.

I'm a crazy woman.  I do too much.  I have three children, two of which are home all day.  I have a part time job from home.  I now have another part time job thanks to my precious models and friends and my trusty sewing machine that deserves a name, but hasn't gotten one yet.  So what gives?  housework of course.  I have come to the conclusion that there are a few items that may never get cleaned again...  I have no time:

1) Baseboards -seriously, why must we have miniature shelves near the floor to catch the dust? 

2) Tops of picture frames - the way I see it, the dust adds an ambiance to framed art - especially those old family pics.  Shabby Chic right?

3) The top of the fridge - I never cleaned this until to my Horror and Utter Shock when we were hosting my husband's entire extended family for Christmas, I realized that sweet 6 foot plus I-don't-know-how-many Charles was clearly able to see what I could not.  When I climbed up a step stool and saw what he saw.....  I'm just going to stop there... it's just too painful of a memory.

4) Under the beds - it's better to not even look

Please don't come to my house and look in my closets or under the cabinets or beneath the sofa cushions... I assure you, it will not be neat, it will not be clean and it might possibly even qualify for a science experiment.

So until the day when I sell enough of those ruffle pants or baby carriers or frilly rompers to hire a housekeeper, it is what it is and this too shall pass... one day.... 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

First of all, congratulations on all your business success!! You are so talented! Second of all, I don't have a (paying) job, and I still don't clean some of those items you mentioned! :)